O beatissime lector, lava manus tuas et sic librum adprehende, leniter folia turna, longe a littera digito pone.*
Only one thing is impossible for God:
To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet.
—Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
Unless otherwise indicated, all content found published to this website is available under the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike 4.0 International license, or any later version.
Rights associated to the trademarks and service marks of In Tandem and Tandem Realty, as well as the look and feel of this website, are not licensed under the terms mentioned above. However, we support you making full use of your rights under fair use, fair dealing and other exceptions and limitations.
- Cloud server provider: Vultr.com
One VPS instance shared between three sites: Tandem Farms, Tandem Realty's In Tandem Blog, and Errant Ruminant.
- Operating system: Fedora Linux
Latest version or one version removed.
- Front-end: the Ghost blogging platform
Want to do the same? Reference these instructions.
- Backup: scripted backup saved to the Keybase Filesystem.
- Todd's laptop: Fedora Linux workstation
- Image manipulation: GIMP and Inkscape
- Offline document creation and brainstorming: Joplin
Instructions for installing Joplin on Fedora Linux can be found here.
Images, Text and Fonts, Color Pallet
Image dimensions for the website
- Article header images and those that span the breadth of an article: 800px wide.
- Cover: TBD
- Icon: 60x60px
- Logo: 600x72px
- Profile: 600x600px
- Post/Entry images: 1000px+ for full width
. . . more to come . . .
This site's content (articles and blog/journal entries) is developed offline (see Joplin above) and formatted as Markdown, which is then uploaded directly to the Ghost platform CMS with little or no adjustment.
Content fonts are customized, but most other fonts are governed by the chosen Ghost platform.
Main content: Crimson Pro
Monospaced content: Fira Mono
Headers: Fira Sans Book
Other fonts will be applied dependent on article or use case.
Ghost publishing platform theme
Current theme: Casper theme (heavily modified). Other themes are currently being explored (the Casper theme is really only fine for extremely simplistic websites).
The site structure has been customized to lead with a landing page. While pages remain pages, /blog/ follows native blog-ish structure.
General color palette
Shades of gray with occasional splashes of color. Dark surrounding background. Light foreground (content region). Black text.
The Chicago Manual of Style is adhered to, until it is not.
* Translation: "O most gracious reader, wash your hands and touch the book only like this: turn the pages softly and keep your finger far away from the text". —source: Colophon (publishing), Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia
Published November 27, 2019 || Updated May 18, 2020